Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Julianne Hough On Her Tortured Childhood: I Was Abused Mentally, Physically, Everything

On the outside it seems that Julianne Hough has it all - a burgeoning movie career, love with boyfriend Ryan Seacrest and bombshell beauty.

But the dancer turned actress has revealed that she suffered a traumatic time in her childhood when she lived in London because she was sexualized at such a young age.

OK! GALLERY: JULIANNE HOUGH SHOWS OFF HER BIKINI BODY ON THE BEACH WITH HER DOGS

"I was 10-years-old looking like I was 28, being a very sensual dancer," Julianne told Cosmopolitan of life when she moved from Utah to the UK to pursue her career.

"I was a tormented little kid who had to put on this sexy facade because that was my job and my life. But my heart was the same, and I was this innocent little girl. I wanted so much love.

"While I was in London, I was abused mentally, physically, everything."

OK! GALLERY: JULIANNE HOUGH AND TOM CRUISE CELEBRATE ROCK OF AGES AT LONDON PREMIERE

Julianne said that things got worse "when I started hitting puberty, when I started becoming a woman and stopped being a little girl."

"I was told if I ever went back to the United States, three things were going to happen," the Rock of Ages star recalled.

"One: I was going to amount to nothing. Two: I was going to work at Whataburger. And three: I was going to end up a slut. So it was like, I can't go back, I have to be this person."

Heartbreakingly, Julianne says that she didn't tell her parents because she didn't "want to be a burden."

OK! GALLERY: JULIANNE HOUGH AND JOSH DUHAMEL FILM 'SAFE HAVEN' AT KURE BEACH IN N.C.

"I didn't talk unless I was spoken to. I would look over to see if it was okay if I answered. I was perfect - perfect to a fault."

But the turning point came when she was 15 and saw one of her idols perform about being yourself and being free.

"I was like, f**k that. I know who I am, and I don't want to be this person who I am becoming," she said. "I left two days later and never went back."

"I don't want pity. To me it's more about being that voice for people who don't necessarily have a voice."

Although the 24-year-old didn't go into specific details about her ordeal she has worked hard to move on from it.

"I'm a very forgiving person, and I don't want to hurt anybody. What's past is past," she added.

Julianne plays a survivor of domestic abuse in upcoming movie Safe Haven co-starring Josh Duhamel.

RELATED NEWS

JULIANNE HOUGH TELLS GLAMOUR: RYAN SEACREST HIT ON ME WHEN I HAD A BOYFRIEND

JULIANNE HOUGH TALKS RYAN SEACREST, RADIO BAN

Julianne Hough
Photo credit: 
Splash News

education program chicago

0 comments:

Post a Comment